Shepherd’s Pie is a common meal in a lot of households. It doesn’t take much to make and often it’s a fantastic way to use up some leftovers in the fridge. This variation from kraftrecipes.com uses my good friend, the sweet potato, along with a few other lower-fat ingredients and it’s perfect for a single person to make.
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 30 min Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb. sweet potato (1 large), peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. Philadelphia Chive and Onion 1/3 Less Fat Than Cream Cheese
- 1/2 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 C sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Kraft Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/4 C water
- 1 C frozen green beans
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Microwave potatoes in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 4 min. or until tender. Mash until smooth. Add reduced-fat cream cheese; mix well.
Brown meat with mushrooms and onions in dressing in large skillet; drain. Mix flour and water. Add to meat mixture; cook 2 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in beans; spoon into 2 (2-cup) ramekins sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with potato mixture.
Bake 15 min. or until heated through