Bruschetta. Quick and easy and seriously full of flavour. This recipe from allrecipes.com adds a dash of Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar for some extra tastiness.
The total time is so varied because it depends on your level of patience. You can eat it right away, but the recipe says it’s best if you let it sit for an hour or two for the flavours to blend.
Prep Time: 15 min Total Time 15 min to 2 hr 15 Yield: 8 servings
- 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, toasted and sliced
In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Serve on toasted bread slices.