The first thing that crosses my mind when I think tomatoes is a tomato being one ingredient in a leafy green salad.
As a nice little twist, what about a salad where the primary ingredient is tomatoes? That’s where the Tomato and Sweet Onion Salad from bonappetit.com comes in. A six serving salad with at least two different kinds of tomatoes. Yum!
Tomato and Sweet Onion Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ripe mixed tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pint Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui), thinly sliced t
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup 1/2-inch pieces fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Combine tomatoes, onion, basil, chives, oil, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
DO AHEAD: Salad can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.