When you have a cracker tray at a party, you need some dip to go with it. In this case, sun-dried tomato and garlic.
When you combine my new favourite, tomatoes, with old favourites, Triscuits and cream cheese, it’s like food heaven. It’s not necessarily required to use Triscuits if you have another favourite cracker, but I love them so that’s what I use.
Also, with this recipe from snackworks.ca, there’s a work around for using freshly cut chives if you don’t happen to have any on hand. There’s chive flavoured whipped Philadelphia cream cheese (yay!!!). Keep in mind, it’s whipped, not as solid as regular cream cheese, so you’ll get a slightly different texture. Doesn’t stop it from being delicious though.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Dip
Prep Time: 10 min Yield: 16 2 tbsp (30mL) servings
- 1 tub (250 g) cream cheese spread
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Original Spread
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- Triscuit Original Crackers
Mix all ingredients except tomatoes until well blended.
Stir in tomatoes.
Serve with crackers.