Salsa is another menu item that I used to hate. And again, now I can’t get enough of it. For the past couple of years I feel like I’ve been keeping Tostitos chips in business.
The best thing is that salsa isn’t just for chips. How about adding it to some grilled chicken? This next recipe from About.com is for doing just that: adding it to a main dish. And even better: it’s so simple! The only time it takes is the time to chop up all the fresh veggies. And to chill it. Technically. Patience is not my greatest skill so it tends to get eaten right away…
Prep Time: 20 minutes Yield: 2-3 cups
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion or yellow onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to blend.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.